Do you like your romance fiction hot or not?

The results of the quiz are here

The blog posts about the possible diminishing demand for erotic romance and the possible increase in demand for sweet romance can be seen below.

Introduction

Definitions and sales activity of erotic romance and sweet romance authors

The quiz and its design

The results

#Metoo movement, skipping over sex scenes and more

The conclusions

Privacy

Privacy is important. As a writer and an editor I am interested in overall trends in romance, not your individual details. The quiz is designed to be a fun thing, and it is supposed to debunk myths and assumptions that do the rounds of the internet.

No personally identifying information is collected. I’m not a data mining company, and I don’t and can’t sell any of your details.

It is completely anonymous. The quiz doesn’t scrape or ask for any personally identifying information like your name, email address or location etc etc. It is merely a sampling of how the romance community likes its romance and how that might be changing or not. I think that is pretty interesting. 🙂

Please check out the site privacy policy if you’re concerned. The quiz and its data will be kept for a period of 30 days and then deleted.

Please use the comments below if you’d like to give a more detailed response than what this quiz allows. You will be taken to a thank you page after you comment. I like to tell my visitors that I appreciate their time.

If you respond to a comment, please be respectful of other people’s views.

• Julie Bourke says:

Great survey, I was apart of the #metoo movement, it definitely hasn’t drawnme away from reading books I love

• Georgia Carter Mathers says:

Yes, the #metoo movement is an interesting issue. It will be good to see how others have felt about it too. Thanks for your comment.

• Cassandra says:

I thought it was a little short on choices – erotic or sweet. I actually read all – and everything in between, with my emphasis and preference on reading the in between. So neither erotic, nor sweet.

• Georgia Carter Mathers says:

Hey Cassandra! Thanks for commenting. Yes, the quiz is focused on those two sub-genres, which lie at opposite ends of the sexual content spectrum. One of the questions asks whether readers read both erotic and sweet. For that to happen, they’d likely be reading as you do–reading everything in between. Unfortunately, most research has its limitations, and this quiz does as well. Hearing what you think in the comments also forms part of that research, so thanks again. I will note your comment, because it is a great point, in the blog post on 31 May. 🙂

• Me says:

Interesting quiz. I really did not like the “all or nothing” options. I think the results will be skewed since most of the options are so extreme.

• Georgia Carter Mathers says:

The quiz is meant to be specific, but I’ve added in an option to choose something in between. The quiz isn’t meant to look at all the sub-genres of romance. There is too many of them, but I understand what you’re saying. It is hard when there isn’t an option for what you like. 🙂

• Lisa Stanbridge says:

While I understand the meaning behind the #metoo movement, I think it’s got a little out of control. I find it interesting that this was a question because I never stopped to think it might affect what people read. I know for me it definitely doesn’t. Romance is romance. What happens in the world doesn’t affect what I read because it’s an escape. Nothing more, nothing less.